Sunday, December 25, 2011

Scotland Again - What is Happening?



Since highlighting the FOI requests made by Emma Horrell, Dog Fouling and Red Rubber Bands HQ has received a number of communications regarding Scotland. I hope to blog about them later.

One deserves particular mention and that is a communication relating to night time dog fouling. The Shetland News, where the truth is great and prevails, informs us that a poster campaign has been launched in Lerwick. Instances of dog fouling have increased by 60% in some neighbourhoods compared to the light summer evenings. I am really curious to know how this has been measured. Is it measured by reports to the council, by the observations of enforcement officers or the activity of carpet cleaning companies? I don't know.



I do know that a meaningful poster campaign has been launched. This is very important. Clearly, there are those, who believe that dog fouling has less effect in the dark. Could this be why the problem appears to be so prominent in Scotland? Scotland has more hours of darkness than its Southern neighbours. Perhaps there is an unspoken feeling of safety in the dark and an attitude that what you can't see can't harm you? I could understand this to be the case as, frankly, you could virtually slide to my village pub in the evenings!

I think the poster says it all and I will do no more than leave you with its words and picture of wisdom. I love the spotlight theme - floodlight those faeces!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Home | About | Link | Link
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes